If you’re looking to spruce up your business with high definition images, short videos, and printable documents, then you may be wondering… What is Canva for Work and is it better than the free version of Canva?
Now under a new name, Canva Pro is the online design tool everyone is raving about. This design software makes creating what you need simple, convenient, and reliable in no time.
The Free Plan of Canva
The free plan of canva is one of the best available on the market today. Checkout my review of Canva vs Stencil here, but in the meantime, here are the perks of the free plan:
- 100+ design types (Pinterest, social media, presentations, and more)
- 250K+ templates
- 200K+ free photos and elements
- 1000+ fonts
- 1GB storage
That alone is enough to create any and everything you can imagine for your business (and personal life). Just as their website says, Canva truly is your secret weapon to stunning designs. You can start with Canva Basic for free, but keep reading to find out why you may want to take the leap and get Canva Pro instead.
What is Canva for Work (aka Canva Pro)?
If you thought the perks of Canva Basic were awesome, with Canva Pro you get everything that comes with the basic plan plus:
- 450K+ premium templates
- 60M+ premium stock images, photos, videos and graphics
- 3000+ fonts or upload your own
- 100GB of storage
- One-click design resize
- Background Remover
- Create your brand’s visual identity with logos, colors and fonts in one brand kit
- Priority support
And here’s the thing, you only pay less than $10 a month for all those extra goodies. That’s seriously 2 Starbucks coffees per month. Simply put, Canva Pro takes you to pro blogger status without needing a degree in graphics designing.
Why use Canva Pro?
One of the top reasons why you should use Canva Pro is because you have everything you’ll pretty much ever need all just a click away. Need a logo? Make it in Canva. Need a branding board? Make it Canva. Need business cards? Make them and get them professionally printed through Canva Print.
See what I mean? Canva Pro even allows you to remove backgrounds from photos, resize an image directly, professionally print something created, and create videos and/or slideshow presentations. The possibilities are virtually endless.
And if that’s not enough, here are six more reasons:
- Time saver – with tools such as the Magic Resize button just a click away, you’ll enjoy not having to create multiple of the same image.
- Control your brand – the built in Brand Kit helps you stay consistent with fonts, colors, and logos.
- Professional looking – look like a pro with transparent backgrounds and animated images.
- Easily collaborate – keep your team on the same page with team templates and design folders.
- No generic images – you’ll have instant access to premium images and templates.
- Stay organized – with an unlimited amount of folders.
Is Canva Pro worth it?
Canva Pro is 100% worth it, especially if you don’t want to hire a graphics designer. This design software is affordable, easy to use, and helps you create stunning designs in just minutes.
If you’re hesitant on taking the leap, start with the free basic plan. Even with its limitations, there is still a lot to work with; however, I highly recommend diving in with Canva Pro. Take it on a test drive free for 30 days.
I guarantee once you give it a try, you’ll gladly pay $9.95 per month. You can also purchase the yearly plan and save 30%. Keep in mind that you can always cancel (or pause) your subscription if necessary.